Because It Is What We Do
August 25, 2013 in Thought of The Day
The other day one of my little brothers asked me a question, why do you always Go out of your way to help other people? my answer was “Because it is what we Do”, as he looked at me strangely I began to wonder if this was everybody’s practice. I began reflecting on the people I’ve met throughout my life, and quickly came to the conclusion it is not within everybody’s personality to help others without looking for praise. I have a group of friends that I called the Inner Circle, and the one thing we all have in common is the statement “Because it is what we Do”. So this is a special thanks to all those people out there who Go out of their way to help others, if anything in the list below reflects the way you live your life I would just like to truly say I appreciate you.
- Helping people with their resumes
- Helping people find a job
- Always having other people’s kids living in your home
- If you’re the parent who always buys two pair of football cleats, one for your kid and one for any other kid on the team who might need them.
- If you take multiple kids in the neighborhood for haircuts.
- If you are the person everybody calls when they need help i.e. moving day, cutting trees in the backyard and all the other beautiful things people need help with. (Special thanks to jereln)
- If you are the person who answers your phone at three o’clock in the morning to listen to another friends problems.
- If you are the person who always picks up everybody from the airport.
- If you are the person who volunteers to take other peoples children to college orientation when the parents can’t make it.
- If you are the person who just pickeds up the phone to say hello to a friend when you think about them.
- Etc. etc. etc.